Monday, June 6, 2011

Day 6: Kenpo X

Well, I made it.  Today was the workout I'd been waiting for all week.  It was Kenpo X day (karate).  Remember, during Cardio X on day 2 I was left baffled by the Kenpo portion of that workout?  Well, I wish I could say I'm no longer baffled, but I am.  This was a fun, face-paced workout that had me going in twelve different directions at once.  They went left, I'd go back.  They went right, I went forward.  I had my arms flying here, there and everywhere, and just when I'd almost get a move combination coordinated, we'd switch to something else.  I know that Tony works on the idea of muscle confusion.  He pretty much confuses everything. 

That said, I had fun.  Most of the time I got to picture an invisible target and just kick its butt.  I think I need to pick a fight with someone so that I can picture their face.  It might help me be a little more aggressive.  I didn't realize I was getting such a glute workout, but my bum's screaming at me right now.  I am going to scream back. 

So, folks, that's one full week of Power 90 Extreme.  Tomorrow's a rest or stretch day.  I am so exhausted that I'm going to rest.  By the end of the 90--well, it's really 91--days, I'm sure I'll be doing that stretch video on the "rest" day regularly.  For now, with some health issues and a body that's pretty angry with me, I'm going to take tomorrow easy.  Whoopie! 

Day 6:  Brought. 

5 comments:

  1. You deserve rest tomorrow! I'm so proud of you! I'm not even sure I'd have made it the first week. You should take a super, scorching-hot bubble bath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's on the docket for tonight!! Thanks for your encouragement, Lizzie. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what buddies do! I'm just reflecting on last night's bubble bath for me. *sigh* I needed it! lol Nothing is more rewarding, in my opinion. Well... maybe Olive Garden breadsticks. With a side of Alfredo. Mmmmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, man. That sounds delightful. We'll do that on TATTOO DAY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good "post-pain-like-no-other" reward!I'm in!

    ReplyDelete