Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 23: Core Synergistics

So, what does "core synergistics" mean exactly?  Synergistics is working multiple muscle groups at the same time.  Jillian Michaels is a huge proponent of this, so doing her workouts really prepped me for this one.  Core synergistics means you're working your core (abs to quads, mostly, and everything in between) muscles all at the same time.  It's pretty tough, but I love it.  You really have to focus on what you're doing because it's easy to not work the right muscles.  The more I do it, the more I get the muscles engaged. 

I had a little snafu today.  The TV wasn't working.  Frustrating though that was (and I mean frustrating, people.  We're on summer break here.  I NEED the TV to get me through the day without killing anybody), I knew I could do this workout with mainly just verbal coaching.  I grabbed the portable DVD player, stuck it on the mantle and went to work.  That worked fine, and I was proud of myself for overcoming yet another mental battle that pitted my desire to workout against my desire to just go back to bed and figure out the TV situation later. 

Of course, when the workout was done, I decided to fix the TV.  One well-placed little thump seemed to do the trick.  Hopefully that will last.  I love that no matter how far technology advances, physical violence seems to still work.  That's probably the only case where physical violence works.  That and the war on sugar ants.  Or any bug for that matter.  It's good, really, because we'll need to maintain our physical prowess when the robots take over the world.  Conspiracy theory in a workout blog.  I aim to please. 

Day 23:  Brought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment