Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 2: Cardio X

Well, I woke up sore.  SORE.  That's good.  Things were a trifle achy by the end of the day yesterday, but this morning, I had to literally roll out of bed because sitting up just wasn't an option.  And don't even get me started on trying to take my morning pee.  My quads got an extra workout there! 

Today was Cardio X.  This was a delightful blend of yoga, kenpo, plyometrics and some core synergistics from yesterday.  The yoga and plyo went well in the sense that I could understand what Tony was asking me to do.  Now to work on executing his wishes.  And I was quite thrilled with knowing what he meant, during the core synergistics part of the workout, when he said "Dreya Roll."  Seriously.  I got a little excited, like a first grader, when he said it, and I thought, "I know!  I know!  I know what a Dreya Roll is!"  Of course, my excitement lasted a mere moment as I quickly realized, "Wait!  I don't like Dreya Rolls."  I'm sure I'll learn to like them in time. 

Then there was Kenpo.  This was, in a word, confusing.  I'm looking forward to tackling that entire workout, but today's preview was mind-boggling, to say the least.  Stay with me here:  My firstborn did cheerleading this year.  Throughout the season, she proved to me that she is, well, not so coordinated.  She was always a step behind or, really, four steps completely sideways from how the moves for her cheers were supposed to go.  I realized, with Kenpo today, that she totally gets this unique coordination from her mother.  I decided to take a page from Wendy's book.  No matter how off she was, she always tried.  She always went back for more.  She could care less that she wasn't doing it right.  The point was, she was doing it, and she loved it.  That's my approach to Kenpo.  I may end up four steps sideways from Tony, but at least I'm there. 

4:30 wake up tomorrow! 

Day 2:  Brought. 

1 comment:

  1. Go Natalie! I'm excited for your journey, and hope your arms stay in their sockets by the time you're done :)
    Lizzie

    ReplyDelete