Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 12: Back and Legs; Ab Ripper X

I'm kind of at a loss for words today.  I know, you're shocked.  I am having some sleep issues lately which makes things tough all around.  We live near an Indian reservation, and they have unrestricted firework usage.  This means for the next month, I have to endure late into the night booms.  I absolutely cannot sleep with those booms, and it makes getting up more difficult.  I also happen to be the most irrational person when kept from sleeping.  Just ask my husband who endures regular smacks in the night when his snores get to be a bit too unbearable.  And ask him how often he dares smack me when my snores keep him awake.  I admit, it's a bit of a one-sided battle, but he lets me win and I love him for that. 

Wow, this really isn't about my work-out at all.  The workout was great.  Sidenote:  I don't know if workout is one word or two or if it should be hyphenated.  I'm just going to go ahead and type it just how the mood hits me when it hits me.  I'll square it away someday, but not right now.  I have a nap calling my name. 

Again with the digression.  I still love the legs routine.  I love that my legs are the one part of my body right now that can push the furthest when the burn sets in.  I love that I feel strong and empowered when I'm working them out.  Having this little ego boost in the midst of this P90X madness is amazing.  Of course, I'm brought straight back down to earth when I get to the end of it and have to move on to Ab Ripper X.  I am beginning to wonder if I'll ever be able to do what they do.  I'm working hard on not being impatient, but some days it's hard.  Always something to strive for, my friends.  Always. 

Incidentally, ever since referencing Cat Stevens yesterday, I have had "Another Saturday Night" stuck in my head.  I'm going to call that a blog backfire. 

Day 12:  Brought.

No comments:

Post a Comment