Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Day 1: Core Synergistics

I was hoping to go at this well rested, but it turned out to be a relatively light sleeping night.  My mind was full to the brim about this craziness, and when my alarm went off at 4:45, I wasn't asleep and hadn't been for quite some time. 

Day 1 in the Lean program is Core Synergistics.  I approached as a bit more of an intrepid observer today, although I worked up quite a sweat.  I think I need a list of what should hurt the most when a workout is done to help me "engage" those muscles even more.  My core?  Not so sore.  My arms?  Sore.  So, perhaps I missed the target.  Perhaps the core soreness will come later.  Perhaps my time spent with Jillian Michaels the last several months prepared me better than I thought for this particular workout.  And perhaps I was just a bit too observant/fearful.  Probably a combination of all those. 

All in all, I'm encouraged.  I can totally do this.  Tony is corny and motivating, and there were several times I thought he was embarking on a full-blown Will Arnett impression.  That made me think that Will Arnett would be a great person to listen to when working out.  Perhaps he can do voiceovers for Tony.  "Engaaaaage."  Oh, yeah, that's the stuff. 

I "recovered" with a Slim Fast shake.  It seemed to provide the best combo of carbs and protein in my price range. 

Day 1:  Brought. 

1 comment: