Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 14: Rest

And once again, I come to "rest" day.  I again opted out of the stretch DVD and instead went for the 5:55 wake-up call.  In week 4, the stretch DVD is thrown in with yoga and kenpo, so that's when I'll check it out and be able to make a more informed decision on whether or not I want to do it on rest days. 

I can't really believe it's been 2 weeks.  2 out of 13.  I've heard over and over and over again that it takes 30 days to make something a habit.  This took 14.  Flossing, on the other hand.  That took about 3 months to make a habit.  F90X. 

Here's how I ended up where I am:
  • Christmas, 2010:  Depressed, fat, angry. 
  • February, 2011:  Fed up with depressed, fat, angry.  Started Free From Fat (my own made up name for my new life).
  • March, 2011:  30 Day Shred
  • April, 2011:  Hungry for more.  Sign up for 5K in May.
  • May, 2011:  5K.  Still hungry for more and feeling empowered.
  • June 1, 2011:  Begin P90X.
  •  
Here's where I'm going:
  • June something, 2011:  Read that a friend of mine was going to do a half marathon...last year.  He never did.  Told him he should.  He said if I ran one, he'd run one. 
  • 2 Days Later, 2011:  Told him I would be running the half marathon in November.  He banged his head against the wall.  And he's going to do it, too.  Who else do we get, Josh?  
  • Last night:  Set August 13th as Run For Awareness, which is a preliminary 5K for those who want to run the half marathon, for those who don't want to run the half marathon but want to run a 5K or for those that just want to partake in the post-race cupcake feed.  Organize one for where you are, too.  You just need a place to do it and something to be aware of.  Anything.  Be aware that bees will sting when provoked.  Be aware that rain is wetter than dirt.  Be aware that your hopes of the Cubs winning the World Series this year are slim to none.  Whatever you want.  Then run for it.   
So, September 24th, I'll finish P90X.  Twelve weeks after that, I'll run the half-marathon.  This is quite a change from December, 2010.  And, best part, depression is GONE! 

Day 14:  Brought. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this - and I think it'll be a helpful reminder of WHY you're doing this and how far you've come. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one am looking forward to your F90X Extreme Flossing video series. You were implying that you were going to make one, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should, Josh. I'm sure I'll make enough money off that to retire, or, at the very least, supplement all of our marathon entrance fees...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so proud of you! That is quite an accomplishment in just a few months! Wow! It inspires me to get off the couch! (not right now, though, my legs are STILL on fire! lol)

    ReplyDelete