Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 3: Shoulders and Arms; Ab Ripper X

Ouch.  4:30 wake up and a sore body.  I'll say it again.  Ouch!  Today I did hardcore work on my arms and shoulders, followed by an insane abdominal work out. 

First the arms and shoulders.  I think I came at it a bit too timidly and didn't push as hard as I could or should.  I don't want to hurt myself, but, at the same time, when I'm devoting almost an hour and a half to working out, I don't want to waste that time, either.  I'll find the balance.  I simply didn't work up a sweat today.  Of course, I also had all the windows open in my living room, letting the 40 degree morning air cool me down.  The guys on the video were grossly sweaty.  It made me realize how much I do NOT miss going to a gym.  Being around other peoples' sweat is just icky.  Plus, I can pass gas whenever I want.  You weren't expecting that, were you? 

Then there was Ab Ripper X.  Um, yeah.  Tony said at the end of that one if you stuck with him the whole time, you did something like 349 core moves.  I think I managed to eek out 8 good ones and 15 so-so ones.  It was more difficult on my legs than on my abs, which was surprising.  My legs gave out a long time before my abs.  Interesting.

Still, it's day 3.  If I don't start from a place of total, "You want me to do WHAT?" I won't get to the place of, "I got this!" 

Day 3:  Brought. 

6 comments:

  1. I don't know about you, but whenever I work out, it makes me need to pass gas REALLY BAD!!! (maybe I should have kept that to myself lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally understand. That and going to the "lady doctor." ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! True dat! I was holding it in last time so hard it hurt! I did that at Zumba last night. The most pain I've been in in AGES! Just cause I didn't wanna cause misery to the innocent bystander behind me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I thought I was doing a great service to her by allowing her to enjoy her experience without having to smell my release. The least she could do was thank me.People.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha - and THAT is one reason I am very thankful that I exercise in the privacy of my own basement - or run solo on quiet roads. Well, mostly quiet. ;)

    ReplyDelete