Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 4: Yoga X

This is my new life: 

I pick the time I'm going to have to be ready for the day and work my way backwards to when I need to set them alarm.  Today, Wendy had a 9 a.m. soccer game.  We had to be there at 8:45.  It takes 10 minutes to get to the field, which means I had to be showered and ready to go at 8:35.  It takes me about an hour to get ready--because it's going to be warm, I'll want shorts, and that means shaving the old legs which take 20 minutes--which means I have to be in the shower by 7:35.  But, I also have to eat breakfast or I will die, so I better be in the shower by 7:05.  Yoga X is 92 minutes long, which means I need to start by 5:30.  It takes me about 10 minutes to get out of bed, get changed, get the contacts in and get set up for "bringing it."  That means my glorious wake up, on a beautiful Saturday morning, was 5:20!  So, last night, as I was contemplating putting in a movie at about 8:30, I decided against it and just read and went to bed by 9:00 on a Friday night.  It's a good thing I'm married because P90X is killing my social life.  

That said, I was rested and ready to get my vinyasas and chatarangas on bright and early.  The workout is a-ma-zing.  The first half was all stuff I could do.  Granted, I'm not even close to as bendy as Tony and crew are, but I knew the moves and got quite the workout.  The second half was more balancing poses, and I pretty much just spent that time falling over.  He threw in a "yoga belly 7" for fun, and that took me straight back to the Ab Ripper from yesterday.  I mostly cried on that part.  

This workout excites me, though, because I caught a glimpse of where I can be in a couple months if I just stick with it.  It made the 5:20 wake up worth it.  Plus, I can enjoy this beautiful, sunny day totally guilt-free because I don't have the "I need to get my workout done at some point" stress hanging over my head.  I'm now going to take a snooze in the sun, my friends.  IN THE SUN.  It's been such a dreary spring.  

Day 4:  Brought.   

No comments:

Post a Comment