Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 27: Yoga X

Ninety more minutes of yoga under my belt.  I feel like I did when I was 15 and building up the driving hours in order to get my license.  Only now, I'm building up for my License for Yoga Awesomeness.  I'm pretty sure there's no such thing, but if there were, that's what I'd be working toward. 

I tried "crane" today.  Crane is an insane pose that puts you in a low crouch, balances your legs on your armpits and has you going up in the air and balancing on your hands.  It's much harder to describe than I thought it would be when I started to describe it.  Anyway, Tony cautions you to put a pillow on the floor in front of your face in case you fall.  You know it's hardcore when a pillow's involved.  Does that even sound right?  At any rate, the alternative to doing 60 seconds of crane is 60 seconds of child's pose.  That's an easy, relaxing one, and up until today, I've gone for that.  I mean, I'm pretty wiped out at this point in the workout anyway.  But, today, I decided to try it.  I kind of almost did it.  I got up for half a second at a time several times, and I even needed the pillow once since I couldn't fall back as instructed.  Note to anyone attempting P90X.  When Tony says get a pillow, get thee a pillow.  Anyway, I was pumped that I could almost do it.  A few more weeks, and I'm confident I'll be all up in that crane.  That didn't sound right either. 

Sidenote:  We are 5 months from the half marathon today, and it is 6 months until my 33rd birthday. 

Day 27:  Brought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment